Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire.
Salary: £40K – £50K (depending on experience)
Paperback Shop.co.uk is the UK’s first virtual wholesaler and a leading seller of books online. Our recent transition to employee ownership has kick-started our plans for growth and created an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join the team.
You will be:
- An effective team Manager, able to nurture talent, set the direction for the team and support them to achieve
- Able to manage resource, requirement and operational conflicts to keep the teams running at high performance
- Accountable for end to end delivery within the team
- Able to work alongside senior stakeholders to clear blockers and escalations to ensure deliveries can proceed with the ability to influence at all levels
- Responsible for adopting and enhancing ways of working to ensure the right level of consistency across delivery teams
- Supporting cross functional delivery including changes to IT systems and processes
- Able to retrospect and analyse the root causes to help the team continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- Able to administer and develop disaster recovery programs to ensure the company is functional in the event of a crisis
- Able to administer and develop GDPR compliant protocols
- Able to use data analysis (e.g. SQL) to produce reports and metrics necessary to gauge success in the team and the wider business.
- Several years’ industry experience
- Qualification or degree in Information Technology, Science or Computer Science
- Experience of successful team management
- Knowledge of cloud technologies – Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- MS SQL Server experience – to include writing TSQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience of a fast-paced DevOps workflow – supporting end-to-end from code through deployment to support
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Agile principles and techniques like SAFE and Kanban
- Windows Server administration – networking, Active Directory, Office 365
- Experience with query optimisation and handling of large (millions of rows) datasets would be an advantage
You will need:
Your own transport – our location, in the Cotswold town of Fairford, is not well served in terms of public transport.
- Annual pay review
- Company Pension Scheme– Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Free Parking
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Subsidised “Tuck” Shop
- Heavily Discounted Book Prices
When you join PBS you can expect to enjoy, and help us develop, our unique “can do” and positive culture with its emphasis on the team. We know that the most important component of PBS (and the one which will ensure our success) is its people. Looking after their wellbeing and making our company a great place to work is embedded in our core values and our plans for the future.
Applications to: Angela Gillett, firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 9th November 2020