Location: Our Distribution Hub in Fairford, Gloucestershire.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on qualifications and experience.
What are we looking for?
The Paperback Shop recently moved into employee ownership and is entering a new and exciting period of growth and development.
This has provided an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic IT professional to join the team.
The ideal person:
- Will have excellent management and IT skills,
- Be a confident team-player able to lead and develop a small team (of 3) in the management of all our networks/systems.
- Will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading IT related activities in our company, to help determine our IT needs and
- Be responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfil the company’s information systems requirements.
You will be working on developing new and existing software, and maintaining existing systems, on both new and existing projects, many of which are mission critical.
The role will provide opportunities for you to learn new skills on an ongoing basis and develop an established team within IT. You should have a keen interest in the IT field and be eager to expand yours and the team’s knowledge both through training and independently.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with ambition and a ‘can do’ attitude. We will provide you all the support you need to mould yourself into an integral part of our small team. You should find complex problem solving and devising solutions to technical and business challenges appealing and be keen to jump right in and get involved!
- Coach and mentor the small team to achieve optimal performance.
- Developing network maintenance and growth plans
- Developing innovative network troubleshooting methods to ensure we optimise our systems and reduce downtime
- Collaborating and ensuring the network’s maintenance and growth works alongside the company’s goals and objectives
- Creating annual and project budgets
- Provide reports and manipulate datasets to answer key business questions
- Working collaboratively with the senior management team to ensure the IT priorities are clearly aligned to the company’s priorities
- Keeping up to date on the latest technologies which could help the company to succeed
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Administering and developing the disaster recovery plan to ensure the company is functional in the event of a crisis
Furthermore, you will be involved hands-on in the development and maintenance of our systems, for which the ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- C# / .net Framework – min 3 years’ experience – ideally including work on front-end UI WinForms / WPF or WebForms, and back-end work on console/server style apps.
- MS SQL Server – min 3 years’ experience – to include writing TSQL queries and stored procedures. Experience with query optimisation and handling of large (millions of rows) datasets would be an advantage.
- Some experience with at least 1 other non-Microsoft programming language
- Microsoft Windows / Office knowledge – to include Excel specifically.
- Beneficial technical skills:
- Cloud technologies – Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Windows Server administration – networking, Active Directory, Office 365.
- Several years’ industry experience
- Qualification or degree in Information Technology, Science or Computer Science
- Experience of successful team management.
If you have a desire to do something a little different each day in a company that looks to recognise and reward great work and be part of our future, then apply today with your CV and covering letter to: Angela Gillett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date – 29th May 2020