Location: Fairford, Gloucestershire
The Paperback Shop, is the UK’s first fully virtual bookseller supplying readers around the world and in 2019 became an Employee Ownership Trust. This change in ownership has created an opportunity to recruit a dynamic, hands on Finance Manager into their team on a permanent basis.
There is a great opportunity to develop this new role and the potential for internal progression as a successor for the current Finance Director.
The core responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 3 Finance Assistants.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
- Maintain robust financial governance
- Accurate financial reporting.
- Manage the finance function in a hands-on manner while developing the finance team, including objectives setting and appraisals.
- Work collaboratively and develop high quality and effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely completion of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare weekly reporting on sales and margins including explanation of major variances.
- Manage accounts payable process to maximise cash flow and maintain supplier services.
- Support and manage credit control function.
- Oversee and support claims process to minimize outstanding claims.
- Statutory reporting including VAT (UK and International) preparation.
- Oversee payroll preparation.
In order to be successful, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Successful experience in managing and developing a finance team.
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Sage 50 experience and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A track record of achieving results.
- The ability to be self-motivated, positive and influence others.
Salary up to £40,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Annual Leave – 22 days with increments on completion of 2 and 5 years.
If the role is for you, please send a covering letter and your CV to Philip Woolley (email@example.com)
Closing Date – 31st May 2020