Full Time Permanent Role
PBShop is a 100% owned subsidiary of Paperbackshop.Co.UK Limited. The role responsibilities include all Group companies. PBShop recently moved into employee ownership and is entering a new and exciting period of growth and development.
The Group is engaged in selling books in both retail and wholesale markets across the world.
- Process transactions (purchases, sales, bank) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Download and post market place (e.g. Amazon) transactions.
- Claims management
- Reconcile supplier statements to EDI invoices and post to purchase ledger. Investigate and resolve discrepancies by liaison with supplier and PBS IT team.
- Post overhead and other non-book invoices to Sage.
- Review and import sales invoices and credit notes into Sage.
- Download and post bank payments and receipts to excel and Sage, including allocation of receipts to invoices.
- Prepare bank reconciliation.
- Maintain petty cash
- Take credit card receipts and post to ledgers.
- Download Amazon transactions on a daily basis and post to Sage.
- Follow up and resolve supplier responses to claims.
- Perform credit control function on supplier claims.
- Maintain accounts e mail inbox.
- Support other departments (typically Customer Care) where required.
Skills & Experience
- AAT studier or qualified by experience
- Worked in a similar finance transactional role
- Ability to prioritise work to achieve deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Advanced level MS Excel
- Sage line 50 experience
- Positive attitude to work – approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective communicator– clearly conveys information and ideas.
- Professional –Maintains a professional approach to responsibilities and tasks.
- Team player – actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- Resilient – functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a professional manner.
- Open to change – receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
If you have a desire to join a fast paced company that looks to recognise and reward great work and be part of our future, please apply sending a covering letter and CV to Philip Woolley, Financial Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)