Inspiring Curious Financial Minds…..
PB Shop has a history of punching above its weight – in 2000, we were the first fully virtual bookseller in the UK and 21 years later, our business model continues to support our success locally and globally.
In 2019 we became an Employee Owned Trust and we are one of 760 companies in the UK who have embraced this model to truly adopt the ‘one team’ approach to delivering and sharing success in our business.
Our culture and core values enable us to be adaptable, agile, innovative, inclusive and supportive in the way we work together, make decisions and serve our customers.
The Director of Finance and IT role is new. We want someone who will have a positive impact on the whole of our business and our team as well as leading, mentoring and developing our finance and IT colleagues to support our future growth and diversification.
To provide strategic financial leadership, ensuring robust financial planning and management, as well as leadership and management of the Finance and IT functions. To work as a key member of the Executive Team, supporting the delivery of an ambitious plan to enhance PB Shop’s profile and impact.
Is this you?
- Work closely with the CEO to provide input and insight into operational performance to ensure achievement of short-term business plans and agreed board objectives.
- Fully qualified accountant with proven ability to work at Director level and provide financial and IT leadership.
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen, comfortable with both big picture, strategic thinking and detailed, analytical and critical thinking, significant financial management experience and experience in a similar leadership position.
- Be responsible for all cross-border transactions including VAT and tax requirements
- Experience of managing the IT function, with an emphasis on data management, data security and software development.
- Experience of oversight and management of procurement, negotiation and contract management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to process information, assess risks/opportunities and make sound decisions.
- Outstanding negotiation, influencing and networking skills, with an ability to broker collaborative working relationships and achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to deliver through others and build high performing teams.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability, salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com by Friday 20 August 2021.