PBShop.co.uk is a market leading online and wholesale bookseller and is seeking a motivated Developer/Analyst to join the team on a permanent basis.
– C# / .net Framework – min 1 years’ experience – ideally including work on front-end UI WinForms / WPF or WebForms, and back-end work on console/server style apps.
– MS SQL Server – min 2 years’ experience – to include writing TSQL queries and stored procedures.
– Some experience with at least 1 other non-Microsoft programming language.
– Microsoft Windows / Office knowledge – to include Excel specifically.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
– Able to demonstrate experience in working in a small team and the ability to manage your own time / project backlog.
– Analytical skills to produce reports and manipulate datasets to answer key business questions.
– Perl and/or Visual Basic 6
– Cloud technologies – Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
This role will provide opportunities for you to learn new skills on an ongoing basis and develop your career in IT. You should have a keen interest in the IT field and be eager to expand your knowledge both through training and independently. Our ideal candidate will grow into the role, and we will provide you all the support you need to mould yourself into an integral part of our small team. You should find complex problem solving and devising solutions to technical and business challenges appealing, and be keen to jump right in and get involved!
You will be working from our Distribution Hub in Fairford, Gloucestershire, as part of an IT team of 4 in total. You will be working on developing new software, and maintaining existing systems, on both new and existing projects, many of which are mission-critical.
PBShop.co.uk sells books sourced from a comprehensive worldwide supply chain on over 30 marketplace websites and wholesale customers worldwide. Our sales are distributed via our UK and US Hubs through a multi-faceted distribution system. We are constantly exploring new ways to work with our suppliers, customers, marketplace websites, and distribution partners – this role will put you at the centre of these exciting and high-pace developments, enjoying direct relationships with business partners and immediate feedback and decisions from management.
If you are interested in applying please send a covering letter and your CV to James Currer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date – 7th February 2020